Speed & Agility
The Importance of Speed and Agility Trainning
For those who play sports like football, basketball, lacrosse, tennis or soccer, speed and agility training provides the baseline athleticism necessary to refine their sport-specific skills. But speed and agility training is not exclusively for sport-specific athletes. People of all fitness levels can develop their functional strength, increase core stability and improve the way they move with speed and agility training.
• Introduction to exercises that develop correct movement patterns. The foundation for future athleticism and injury resistance begin at this stage.
• Introduce exercised that will develop strength, balance, and coordination. Most exercises involve body weight and light equipment, such as medicine balls or stretching bands.
• Develop a solid endurance base through training energy systems (how your body produces energy) aerobic and anaerobic training.
• Fundamental movements and mechanics are mastered in this age group to raise all athletic ability levels; no matter his/her starting point.
• Athletes train in small groups, testing is done the first Monday of each month and progressively tracked in our database to evaluate progress.
Ages 8 and up, classes are 1 hour.